Things You Should Know BEFORE You Submit Your Claim
How to report an incident to The Doctors Company
- Report an incident or claim in writing to the Claim Department of your regional office
- Reports may be faxed or e-mailed
- Be ready to relate the facts of the event.
- Provide all relevant documents: any demand, notice of intent to use, complaint, or other document you receive that relates to the incident or claim.
- Do not add to, delete from or otherwise alter a medical record.
- After making a report, keep copies of your correspondence for future consultation.
- Always require the patient's or the patient's legal representative's signature to release a copy of the medical record.
- Do not discuss the case with anyone than your claim specialit.
- Do not contact anyone associated with the case expect your claim specialit.
Contacting The Doctors Company's Claims Department
Northern California Claims Office: (800) 321-3242 (925) 280-9160 Office (866) 720-6073 Fax
Southern California Claims Office: (800) 328-8831 (310) 451-3011 Office (866) 377-5633 Fax